Going Back to Technical Writing
I'd like to go back to technical writing and make some extra income.
The resource I plan to use is the malgamves/CommunityWriterPrograms list.
An inital skim through the list yeilds two Kenyans I could possibly get in touch with to get insider infomation on how to write on the respective platforms. Also included platforms that look promising.
- CircleCi Blog writer Waweru Mwaura
- LogRocket writer Wamaitha Nyamu
The idea is to target places that pay $300 and above so that I can technically live on $600 which is two articles if I'm lucky, 6 articles if I'm unlucky and get into ones that pay $100 and one article if I get one that pays > $600.
I also stumbled on Deel which is a cool platform for hiring internationally.
Edit: I also looked up Who Pays Technical Writers? and found this one program that looks promising:
- Write with Webiny
- WonderProxy - this particular one could be interesting given the Puppeteer work I'm doing to automate choosing classes on CX.
- TakeShape.io - this one looks promising in the sense that they don't have many recent posts. So it could either be that they no longer pay to write or that there's a golden opportunity waiting for me there.
- cube.dev - this one looks very promising
- cohesive.so - on this one they seem to encourage first-time writers which I think is positive
Also an interesting job: https://bejamas.io/careers/frontend-developer/